Things I've Learned While Roasting Coffee
- No matter how much you hope the exhaust fan behind your stove will adequately remove the smoke/odor, your house will still smell for 24 hours after the first time you roast with a popcorn popper.
- My outside deck, on the other hand, has excellent ventilation.
- Golden Retrievers can hear the difference between an M&M candy and a coffee bean when they hit the floor. They don't like coffee beans. This is probably a good thing.
- A Campbells Tomato Soup can is 87% more effective in containing excited coffee beans than one of those short little mushroom cans. Yes, I did just make that number up.
- Roasting your own coffee is absolutely worth the trouble.
No caffeine here.